Monday, November 22, 2010

Oberweis Eggnog

I told you guys before that I was going to go to Oberweis where my friend works, so that I could try their egg nog. Sadly, she wasn't there when I went, so there was no discount for me. :( However, I must say, this was some exquisite egg nog, I can see why six different sources decided on Oberweis egg nog as the best egg nog (at least according to Oberweis, that is). It was much creamier and thicker than other egg nogs that I had tasted.
Most of the times that you speak of an after taste with a drink it is negatively, however egg nog has a strong nutmeg induced after taste, and with the Oberweis egg nog the after taste was just so wonderful. It was like the essence of nutmeg and possibly cinnamon to its fullest, just as you think the egg nog isn't going to get any better.

Oberweis not only has their own egg nog, but they also had their own egg nog ice cream. I was feeling adventurous, and I'm not one to eat my ice cream plain, so I made it into a sundae.

 It was spectacular, you would think that with all of the whipped cream and chocolate the egg nog flavor wouldn't be as present as it would be just by itself, however that would be an incorrect assumption. The egg nog shone through brilliantly, and I learned a lesson as well: Eggnog and chocolate together is a great combination. Ofcourse this makes sense, as it corresponds with my own personal motto in life:

If you can't put chocolate on it, you can put cheese on it. -Eric Sexton
You can try to think of a food that this doesn't work for, but I assure you, you will fail. Many have tried, none have succeeded.

Next time on Eric's Nog Blog: I make my own Egg Nog Ice Cream!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I really like this blog post because you used your words so creatively, and you deescribed everything very..."spectacular" :)
    This made me really crave some Oberweis egg nog right now...

    ReplyDelete